We believe the best estate plans allow you to begin to realize your estate goals during your lifetime and not just at the end. Well crafted estate plans allow you to effectively transfer wealth in a tax efficient manner that transfers assets and your values.
We help you accomplish your estate goals by first understanding your overall financial situation, your family makeup, your values, and your objectives. With this knowledge we help you craft an effective plan for today and help you keep your plan current over time. For the specific legal aspects of your plans, we coordinate with an estate attorney of your choosing or help connect you with an attorney. Access to this relationship provides you to legal expertise wherever you may reside in the United States.
Please keep in mind the distinction between legal services and financial services that address estate planning topics. We are not attorneys and do not perform legal services or provide legal advice in any manner.
Our estate planning services may involve;
- Review of current legal documents including Trusts, Wills, and Powers of Attorney.
- Review of account titling
- Review of beneficiary designations
- Projection of potential estate and gift tax liability
- Evaluation of legal constructs to help mitigate tax liability
- Charitable giving strategies